McDonald's to receive Cannes Lions creative excellence trophy
McDonald's will be handed the Creative Marketer of the Year Award at this year's Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity for its "creative excellence in brand communications".
McDonald's: recognised by the Cannes Lions
The fast-food brand has been credited by the Cannes Lions for placing creativity at the heart of its advertising and communications. The award is awarded to brands that "inspire innovative marketing of their products worldwide" and which instil creativity in their agencies.
The trophy will be presented to McDonald’s senior vice-president and global chief brand officer Steve Easterbrook on Saturday 21 June in Cannes.
Philip Thomas, the Festival’s chief executive, said: "McDonald’s and its agencies have taken creative risks to produce meaningful work, and they see award-winning content earning higher returns – a success story that will, we hope, inspire other brands."
Easterbrook added: "McDonald’s is honoured to be named Creative Marketer of the Year.
"This award recognises the enduring and inspiring relationships we have with our agencies around the world. It’s a nod to our creative heritage and the power of the brand to connect with customers around the world with a local accent."
McDonald’s won its first Cannes Lion award in 1979 - a gold for TV work - and has since won in various categories including Creative Effectiveness and Mobile.
Last year's Creative Marketer of the Year award went to Coca-Cola.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)