The Marketing Society Leader of the Year 2014 nominees: Abi Comber, British Airways
The Marketing Society has revealed its shortlist of nominees for the 2014 Marketing Leader of the Year. Here is the pitch for British Airways head of brand and marketing Abi Comber.
British Airways head of brand and marketing Abi Comber
This year British Airways topped the consumer Superbrands list for the first time, and no one can take more credit for the accolade than Comber.
A BA stalwart, Comber has led the flag-carrier's brand back into public favour from the inside-out: BA's advertising now carries the motto sewn into its staff uniforms: "To fly, to serve."
Now that the wheels are up, Comber is firmly on course to expand BA's successful work on its investment into new aircraft (think Dreamliners), classy customer service and its growing holiday business.
Her always-on, innovative and digitally focused leadership in marketing can only reach new heights in the coming year.
The winner will be voted for by Marketing’s readers and will be presented with the award at The Marketing Society’s Awards for Excellence on 5 June.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)