Pitch update: Land Rover's digital and social search, M&S media pitch
Latest news on pitches from M&S, Land Rover, Smart Meters and more.
Land Rover: the car-maker is seeking an agency to handle digital and social media
The Smart Meter Central Delivery Body has shortlisted agencies to compete for its £85 million, five-year engagement campaign – expected to be the biggest customer awareness drive since the switch to digital TV. Advertising agencies have been paired with media shops. The four teams are: Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and PHD; Karmarama and Goodstuff Communications; Now and MEC; VCCP and VCCP Media. The winning team will also be responsible for creating a brand identity and new name for the SMCDB. AAR is handling the review.
NS&I has shortlisted DLKW Lowe, Enter and FCB Inferno to pitch for its ad account, currently handled by The Gate. The review is being overseen by the Crown Commercial Service.
Although ISBA had initially been involved in Land Rover’s search for an agency to handle its digital and social media strategy, the review is now being held by Oystercatchers. Shops thought to be in the running include Gravity Road, Lida, The Brooklyn Brothers and We Are Social.
And, finally, the £60 million UK media pitch for Marks & Spencer looks like being a closed process between the incumbent, Walker Media, and Mindshare. It is difficult not to be reminded of Barclays’ global media pitch in 2011, when Walker lost that client to Maxus after a rumoured tête-à-tête between WPP’s Sir Martin Sorrell and the former head of Barclays Bob Diamond.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...