The Marketing Society Leader of the Year 2014 nominees: Sheila Mitchell, Public Health England
The Marketing Society has revealed its shortlist of nominees for the 2014 Marketing Leader of the Year. Here is the pitch for Sheila Mitchell, marketing director at Public Health England.
Public Health England marketing director Sheila Mitchell
Mitchell, who is responsible for the UK's biggest public sector marketing programme, has had a vintage year.
Under her direction its marketing has won more than 40 industry awards (including IPA Gold) in the past 12 months.
Mitchell has had a busy time of late. In April 2013, public-health marketing was pulled out of the Department of Health and placed in new executive agency, Public Health England. The move has enabled her to focus more on evidence-based marketing and building closer links with local authorities.
Mitchell's year started well, with stunning results coming from her bowel cancer campaign. Against a backdrop of government controls on marketing spend, the fact that her activities continue to receive funding is testament to their effectiveness.
The winner will be voted for by Marketing’s readers and will be presented with the award at The Marketing Society’s Awards for Excellence on 5 June.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)