B&Q releases brand campaign ahead of Easter
B&Q, the home improvement retailer, has released a TV spot that urges people to engage in DIY.
WCRS created the spot, which debuts on TV today (4 April). It is the agency’s first work for the brand since winning the account without a pitch in January and the brand has backed the campaign with a £10 million investment.
The ad targets the Easter DIY-crowd and features frumpy-looking people bursting out of their clothes and into dynamic work gear, as a voiceover challenges people to "unleash the B&Q in you". The soundtrack to the ad is Snap’s ‘I’ve Got The Power’.
The work was created by Jane Briers and Dave Cornmell. It was directed by Olly Williams through HSI and MEC handled the media planning and buying.
The minute-long TV spot will be supported by two 30-second spots that plug specific new B&Q products.
Ross Neil, a creative director at WCRS, said: "Nobody wants to been seen as someone with a moping, can't do attitude. Everyone wants to be seen as a can do person, someone with a little B&Q in them. Someone who can get on and do the job.
"With the help of Olly [the director] we've managed to bring this to life in an extraordinary way.
"All the ads are B&Q from the core featuring the famous orange apron, we just wanted to remind people how much they love B&Q in an entertaining manner."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)