Post Office faces attack from first TV ad by 'modern day' rival CollectPlus
CollectPlus is seeking to become a household name that is a more convenient option than the Post Office, with its first television advertising campaign.
Activity will focus on the fact that CollectPlus has more than 5,500 pick-up points for its parcels, which are open early until late, seven days a week, which is more convenient than the Post Office’s shorter opening hours.
Catherine Woolfe, marketing director of CollectPlus and former E.ON marketer, said: "There is real momentum in the business and huge ambition for the brand, which grew by 83% year on year in the last quarter of 2013, and is now shipping over 250,000 parcels a week.
"The CollectPlus proposition as a modern-day alternative to the Post Office is an increasingly compelling one for consumers and with over 5,500 parcel stores nationwide, we wanted a campaign that brought our service to life in a simple yet powerful way."
Television activity will launch today and run for five weeks until Sunday 11 May.
The campaign has been created by the newly formed agency Dawson Pickering, which was founded by Neil Dawson and Clive Pickering following Dawson's shock departure from BETC London.
CollectPlus was launched five years ago as part of a joint venture between PayPoint and Yodel, and works with more than 260 retailers, including giants such as Amazon and John Lewis.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)