British Gas promotes Will Orr to managing director of heating installations business
British Gas has promoted its top marketer Will Orr to the managing director role of its £300m central heating installations business, with Orr to be replaced by Nina Bhatia as commercial director.
Will Orr: promoted to managing director of heating installations business at British Gas
Orr will report to British Gas Services managing director Susan Hooper, who was appointed to replace Chris Jansen after he left to become chief executive of the AA, and will be in charge of a 2,000 strong team.
The role will see Orr responsible for creating demand and overseeing all the operations of the British Gas central heating installation operation, which sits alongside the British Gas service and repair unit and the Dyno and electrical unit.
Orr has been promoted from his role as commercial director, where he was responsible for British Gas’ marketing and sales teams.
Bhatia is taking over Orr’s commercial director role, having risen to managing director of the company’s connected homes business after joining four years ago from McKinsey.
Orr left his role as chief executive of WCRS to join British Gas in June 2010 as the company’s director of communication and brand marketing .
He was promoted to director of marketing and insight in September 2011 before being promoted once again to commercial director in September 2012.
Orr’s time at British Gas saw him sign up and launch Nectar as a loyalty partner and oversee the launch of sub-brands Hive and Mobile Energy (ME).
Last year British Gas was awarded an IPA Effectiveness gold award for its Planet Home campaign.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Manager - Fashion Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40,000 - £45,000 plus benefits, London (North), London (Greater)