WPP launches multi-sector practice for government clients
WPP has formed the global Government & Public Sector Practice, utilising its advertising, media, research and campaign evaluation resources to boost its offering to government clients.
Dr Michelle Harrison: will lead WPP's Government & Public Sector Practice
The practice will include: communications for development; communications for public policy and services; public sector recruitment; country branding and tourism, trade and investment marketing; and digital government and will give public sector organisations a single point of access to WPP’s combined resources, with cross-agency collaboration.
It will also partner with leading academics and innovators on research and development.
Sir Martin Sorrell, chief executive of WPP, said: "Government policies rarely succeed if the communication fails. I am proud of our agencies’ role in supporting governments around the world, providing the communications that make public policy and public services work.
"The new practice builds on our long track record of world-class work for the public sector."
The new initiative will be led by Dr Michelle Harrison, who is also chief executive of social research agency TNS BMRB.
Harrison said: "This practice is timely because we are seeing a paradigm shift in the way governments think about the role of communications in delivering public policy. That puts deep citizen insight, human understanding and creativity at the heart of successful policymaking."
WPP agencies currently work for governments in more than 60 countries, as well as for numerous public organisations, and regional and local governments.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)