Asda runs 'something to tweet about' campaign starring cute Easter chick
Asda is launching a "something to tweet about" campaign, featuring a cute dancing Easter chick that forms part of the latest instalment of the "beat not match" positioning it unveiled over Christmas.
Asda: dancing Easter chick is the star of the supermarket's TV campaign
The television campaign launched last night and features four different-coloured birdhouses representing the different supermarkets, with the last and biggest birdhouse representing Asda.
Asda’s green birdhouse pulsates to the sound of the 1980s disco classic ‘Funky Town’, before the Asda Funky Chick pops out and shows it is "clearly 10% funkier than the others" by moonwalking and tapping his toes to the beat.
The ad, created by VCCP, is designed to reinforce the Asda Price Guarantee, which guarantees Asda will always be 10% cheaper than Morrisons, Sainsbury’s and Tesco.
Stephen Smith, Asda’s newly promoted chief customer officer, said: "Easter has always been a time for celebration, with families all over the UK getting together to share in the occasion.
"Our latest ad captures this sense of fun and brings a little of Asda’s well-known personality to our advertising."
The campaign will champion Asda’s "hero items" for the Easter period, which include grass-fed lamb, line-caught cod and limited edition bunny-shaped crumpets.
Asda’s TV ads will be supported by a social media campaign that invites fans to create a personalised chick, by choreographing the chick’s moves and selecting an accompanying dance track.
Users will be encouraged to share their personalised video with an #AsdaChick hashtag.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)