BA boosts digital and social media proposition with new hire
British Airways has hired Catriona Woodward to head its digital marketing innovation and social media team, as it seeks to boost its online engagement with consumers.
Catriona Woodward: joins BA as head of its digital marketing innovation and social media team
Woodward will report to Hamish McVey, BA's head of brand engagement. She will oversee the airline's team responsible for creating content across BA's social media channels and managing conversations with its 4.5 million online followers globally.
Prior to joining BA, Woodward held the role of global senior digital manager at PZ Cussons for the hair brand Fudge and was online controller at BSkyB for the Republic of Ireland.
Woodward will be expected to carry on BA's digital marketing successes, such as the brand's #racetheplane Twitter activity, in which consumers powered a virtual plane through tweeting and raced it against the brand's debut Dreamliner flight.
Abi Comber, the airline's head of marketing, told Marketing the activity gained BA a nomination from Twitter as "one of their best social ideas" for 2013.
It followed the brand's Olympic work in which six million people engaged with the Facebook app that allowed consumers to navigate a plane down their own street, while a further 87,000 people actively took part in the brand's "Home advantage" campaign on Twitter.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £70,000 - £75,000 per annum, London