AOL launches UK-specific Engadget site
AOL has launched a UK edition of Engadget, its website covering technology news, which attracts 10 million unique users around the world.
Engadget: AOL launches UK edition of online magazine
The site will feature tailored content for Engadget's existing UK audience, and will focus on UK and European tech news.
Based in London, the UK team will be led by Matt Brian, news editor of technology blog The Next Web, and Jamie Rigg, the current associate editor of Engadget. Rigg will now shift focus from supporting the US Engadget site to working for the UK edition.
The UK version is the fifth international edition outside Engadget's original US market, following sites in Germany, Spain, China and Japan, and will add to a series of AOL-owned tech-based sites including TechCrunch, CrunchBase, TUAW and Joystiq.
Sharif Sakr, European editor of Engadget said: "We already have a legion of passionate fans on the ground and we'll be channelling the best and most UK-relevant output from a talented team of international tech journalists – a team which has grown over ten years to span tech hubs from Silicon Valley to New York, London, Hong Kong and Tokyo."
Graham Moysey, head of international at AOL, said: "At AOL we are focused on building global brands and platforms and Engadget is very central to this strategy.
"We have a powerful portfolio of tech brands that we believe can be localised in a number of markets and we're extremely proud to launch a UK edition of a world-renowned site, in a market where both consumers and advertisers have a great appetite for gadgets and tech."
Engadget's first US-based site launched ten years ago.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)