Pitch update: EDF, Smart Meters, Virgin Atlantic, Telefonica
EDF: BBDO has been knocked out of the pan-European creative pitch
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO, the UK incumbent, has been knocked out of the pan-European review for EDF. BBDO, Havas Worldwide and M&C Saatchi pitched earlier this month, with just the last two making the cut.
However, it does leave AMV free to compete for the Smart Meter Central Deliver Body ad account. Pitches will be held in May and each agency will have two hours to wow the clients. But not all the shops involved are delighted with the prospect of having their creative work judged by a certain Trevor Beattie, who has been hired as a consultant and will be present throughout the process.
Virgin Atlantic is beginning chemistry meetings for its creative review on 29 or 30 May. The longlist is not yet complete but some 20 agencies are said to be responding to the RFI.
BMW held its first briefings this week with the shortlisted agencies BMB, Inferno, SapientNitro and Soul, as well as the incumbents, Dare and WCRS. Pitches are not expected until the end of May.
Vertu’s CRM pitch is coming to a close. The client, which uses CHI & Partners for its creative account, is expected to pick a winner at the end of the month.
The £200 million European Telefónica media pitch has begun. The incumbent on the £50 million UK business, ZenithOptimedia, is involved. The agency also works with the telecoms company in Germany.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)