The Guardian and Time Out sign up to LoveLive concert video platform
L-Platform, a cloud-based system that distributes video to channel partners, has also signed up Spotify as its brand partner.
LoveLive: filming 12 Spotify-branded concerts
A Spotify-branded concert series featuring artists including Disclosure, Haim and Bombay Bicycle Club will be screened on the websites of The Guardian, Time Out and Q magazine from 15 April.
Twelve concerts will be filmed exclusively by LoveLive for the series, funded by Spotify, as well as documentary and behind-the-scenes content.
Launched today, L-Platform will offer asset management, licensing and distribution of music video content to brands and media owners, and also has a digital library of music content which can be purchased or placed for free on any website using L-Player, LoveLive’s embeddable video player.
Content will be served on a licensed, ad-funded, direct-to-consumer or paid-placement basis, providing music rights holders the opportunity to monetise their content.
Richard Cohen, founder and chief executive of LoveLive, said: "The development of L-Platform represents a true watershed moment in LoveLive's growth.
"Our expertise has always been that we simplify the live music value chain for clients on a one-to-one basis, but this platform enables us to automate the process with a model that serves many-to-many, allowing for genuine scale and reach for the business."
The first concert in the launch series is Disclosure's recent performance at Alexandra Palace. As part of the Spotify deal, it will have integrated Spotify links within the L-Player, so fans can follow artists and browse playlists of their songs.
Michael Hann, music editor at The Guardian, said the partnership would give its readers "high-quality, professionally filmed shows from a range of leading artists. With the growing appetite for video editorial, this is a brilliant way for us to offer something new and innovative to a hungry audience."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)