Dove tries to tell women their beauty is innate through placebo patches
As part of Dove's campaign to show women that their beauty comes from within, this new spot takes the placebo effect to another level.
A selection of women are told to wear a "beauty patch" for a period of time, while keeping a daily video diary.
At first they don't feel a thing, but slowly they start to feel more beautiful each day. When they are told that the patch was a placebo, they react with the same (admittedly ever-so-slightly annoying) optimism they have displayed in their video diaries.
Agency: Ogilvy and Mather Brazil
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Category Development Manager - Leading FMCG Tarsh Lazare Marketing Recruitment £40K-£46K + Generous Car Allowance + Benefits Package, London (Greater)