Dove tries to tell women their beauty is innate through placebo patches
As part of Dove's campaign to show women that their beauty comes from within, this new spot takes the placebo effect to another level.
A selection of women are told to wear a "beauty patch" for a period of time, while keeping a daily video diary.
At first they don't feel a thing, but slowly they start to feel more beautiful each day. When they are told that the patch was a placebo, they react with the same (admittedly ever-so-slightly annoying) optimism they have displayed in their video diaries.
Agency: Ogilvy and Mather Brazil
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)