Dove tries to tell women their beauty is innate through placebo patches
As part of Dove's campaign to show women that their beauty comes from within, this new spot takes the placebo effect to another level.
A selection of women are told to wear a "beauty patch" for a period of time, while keeping a daily video diary.
At first they don't feel a thing, but slowly they start to feel more beautiful each day. When they are told that the patch was a placebo, they react with the same (admittedly ever-so-slightly annoying) optimism they have displayed in their video diaries.
Agency: Ogilvy and Mather Brazil
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire