Dove launches first cinema campaign with 'real beauty' sequel
Dove is releasing the follow-up to its Cannes Titanium Grand Prix-winning 'Real Beauty Sketches' campaign in cinemas across the UK, marking a first for the brand.
The new work, called "patches", is the first ad from the Unilever-owned beauty brand to get a cinema release in the UK.
The four-minute film, which has already been posted on YouTube, was created by Ogilvy & Mather Brasil.
Dove chose the cinema release to make use of the large screens and captive audience, which the company felt better suited the spot’s four-minute run time and emotional message.
Nick Wilcher, Dove masterbrand’s marketing manager said in a statement: "Cinema offers us the chance to showcase an emotive and extended creative to an engaged audience.
"The ability to target female-heavy audiences also played a large role in selecting cinema for this campaign."
The spot features women who are given "confidence-boosting" patches to wear by a psychologist and making video-diaries about the effects.
At the end of the spot, the psychologist tells the women that the patches were placebos, and any confidence gained came from within themselves.
The work was written by Brux, art directed by Renato Zandoná and directed by Kristopher Belman through Caviar. Mindshare handled the media planning and buying. Digital Cinema Media brokered the deal.
The campaign launched on 11 April and will run in screenings of 'A New York Winter’s Tale', 'The Grand Budapest Hotel' and 'Maleficent 3D', among others.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London