Thomson to create first crowd-sourced wedding decided by Facebook fans
Thomson, the TUI-owned tour operator, is giving one couple the chance to have their wedding arranged in Cyprus by the brand's Facebook community, in a new #YourBigDay campaign.
Thomson: unveils #YourBigDay crowd-sourcing Facebook campaign
The #YourBigDay activity has been created in-house to will promote Thomson Weddings. A panel of judges will select the winning couple, who will have their wedding details (including the music and the bride’s dress) crowd-sourced by Thomson’s Facebook fans.
Couples have until 12 May to apply. The big day itself will take place at the Thomson Platinum Athena Beach Hotel in Cyprus. Flights, transfers, accommodation, all-inclusive board and the wedding breakfast are included in the prize.
The couple will share their wedding planning journey by producing regular posts on the Thomson blog.
On #WeddingWednesdays, Thomson’s Facebook fans will be asked to propose the colour scheme, the bride’s and bridesmaid’s dresses, the song for the first dance and the themes for the stag and hen dos.
The most popular suggestions will be shortlisted and put to a Facebook vote. Thomson’s wedding planners will then complete the chosen arrangements.
Jeremy Ellis, marketing and digital director for Thomson and First Choice, said: "Crowd sourcing a wedding is a first for the UK, a first for Thomson and a first for the holiday industry.
"With one in five weddings now taking place abroad, more and more couples are looking to destination weddings as both something different to the norm, and also a more cost effective option.
"We are thrilled to be able to offer our planning expertise in resort, as well as the input of our Facebook users, to make one lucky couple’s wedding dream a reality."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Digital Project Manager (Medical Communications) Premier Media £35000 - £45000 per annum + benefits, London
- Social Media Copywriter Brand Recruitment £28000 per annum, Northampton