Peperami partners Doc Martens in £3m campaign
Peperami, the meat snack brand, has returned to TV advertising with its 21-year-old "It's a bit of an Animal" slogan, and a partnership with Doc Martens.
The ad, created by an unamed creative through crowdsourcing, features the erratic Animal – the animated Peperami character created in 1993.
Animal is voiced by Enn Reitel, known for his voiceovers in the ITV puppet series 'Spitting Image'.
In the ad, Animal wears Doc Martens boots as he sits in an armchair watching television, as part of a tie-up with the footwear brand.
He sees a TV news report about leftover salad and vegetables being thrown away, and shouts "I always get my five a day" before biting off his own five fingers.
The ad ends with the strapline, "Peperami – it’s a bit of an animal".
The TV ad was produced by production agency Wicked Pixels in South Africa. It is being supported with VoD, digital and experiential activity. The brand also launched its first Twitter handle, @Peperami, on 28 March.
Alec Mellor, the marketing controller for Peperami, comments: "We are really excited to see our iconic Peperami Animal back on screen after a three-year break.
"Animal first showed his meaty face in 1993 and our new TV ad remains true to the irreverent and subversive personality that our loyal fans have come to love and expect.’’
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- SEO Executive - Retail - £30K - Hertfordshire Salt £25000 - £30000 per annum, Watford
- Insight Manager EMR £65000 - £75000 per annum + bonus and benefits, London