BBC Radio 4 and 6 Music hire Somethin' Else for social media
BBC Radio 4 and 6 Music have appointed content house Somethin' Else to their social media account, to create more than 100 pieces of activity per month.
Melvyn Bragg: presenter of BBC Radio 4's 'In Our Time'
The content agency will provide additional social media content around live programmes, editorial events and marketing campaigns.
There was no incumbent on the account as this is the first time the radio stations have appointed an agency for social media.
Somethin’ Else has been tasked with creating over 100 pieces of activity per month for each network, incorporating up to ten campaigns.
Working initially across Facebook and Twitter, the campaigns are set to expand across platforms including Instagram, Vine, Audio Boo, Sound Cloud and Google Plus.
Steve Ackerman, managing director at Somethin’ Else, said: "Our aim is to extend the content from BBC Radio 4 and Radio 6 Music and engage with audiences they aren’t reaching at the moment.
"Our work will be focused on helping these major BBC brands to develop the conversation with their audiences."
Initial activity will include social media work for Radio 4 programmes 'In Our Time' and 'Desert Island Discs'.
Somethin’ Else was responsible for creating the digital strategy and social media work around The Brit Awards. A total of 4.15 million tweets about the show were sent on the day of broadcast.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire