Coke enters squash market with Oasis Mighty Drops
Coca-Cola is entering the "on-the-go" squash market with Oasis Mighty Drops, a juice-drink concentrate that will be available in three variants when it goes on sale in mid-May.
Oasis Mighty Drops: Coca-Cola's new on-the-go squash
Coke is backing the launch with a marketing campaign that includes a TV ad debuting on UK screens on 1 May.
The company said Oasis Might Drops is designed to "bring teens and young adults to the [Oasis] brand".
The product is part of a broader redesign of the Oasis brand, including an overhaul of the visual identity, new pack design and product development. The latter includes a new Oasis variant called Oasis Pineapple Rush.
Oasis Mighty Drops will be sold in 56ml packs in Mixed Berry, Mango and Raspberry Lemonade flavours and backed by a TV commercial that will take an "amusing look at overnight celebrity culture". It can be added to water while "on-the-go".
The packaging is designed to fit easily into consumers’ handbags or gym bags.
Oasis will compete in a market dominated by Robinson’s, which earlier this month promoted its own on-the-go product Squash’d with a stunt involving the VFX team behind hit film Gravity drinking in zero-G.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)