Tom of Finland's 'homoerotic' drawings made into stamps
The "emphatically masculine homoerotic drawings" of the artist Tom of Finland will feature in the autumn stamp series issued by Finland's postal service.
Itella Posti has chosen the drawings for the influence they have had on pop culture and fashion and to pay tribute to the self-irony and humour of subcultures that inspired Tom of Finland, whose real name was Touko Laaksonen and who died in 1991.
The Tom of Finland stamps will be issued alongside more traditional autumn stamps depicting nostalgic Finnish yards and gardens, which are the work of Urpo Martikainen.
Brand: Itella Posti
Creatives: Timo Berry and Susanna Luoto
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)