Tom of Finland's 'homoerotic' drawings made into stamps
The "emphatically masculine homoerotic drawings" of the artist Tom of Finland will feature in the autumn stamp series issued by Finland's postal service.
Itella Posti has chosen the drawings for the influence they have had on pop culture and fashion and to pay tribute to the self-irony and humour of subcultures that inspired Tom of Finland, whose real name was Touko Laaksonen and who died in 1991.
The Tom of Finland stamps will be issued alongside more traditional autumn stamps depicting nostalgic Finnish yards and gardens, which are the work of Urpo Martikainen.
Brand: Itella Posti
Creatives: Timo Berry and Susanna Luoto
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire