McCann wins Qatar Financial Centre brief
McCann London and its sister agency, MRM Meteorite, have been appointed as joint agencies-of-record for the Qatar Financial Centre (QFC).
Qatar Financial Centre: McCann London and MRM Meteorite win creative brief
McCann London and MRM Meteorite, a digital and direct agency that is also part of McCann World Group, were appointed to the creative account by the QFC Authority after a competitive pitch. It is the first time that the agencies have been jointly appointed to an account.
The pair is tasked with creating a campaign that will encourage businesses to set up shop in Qatar. The first of the work is expected to break in June and is set to include advertising, events, B2B communications and a new website.
Zaid Al-Zaidy, McCann London’s chief executive officer and Hugh Bishop, MRM Meteorite’s chairman, issued a joint statement that read: "It is wonderful for our agencies to be able to work together to produce a totally integrated solution to promote the QFC’s strategy and business environment.
"We look forward to working together as the QFC goes from strength to strength."
VCCP previously handled QFC’s advertising. The agency was first appointed to the account in 2006 without a pitch, and then retained the account after a pitch against Doremus and JWT in 2008. VCCP has not worked with QFC for at least five years and was not involved in the recent pitch.
The QFC Authority is the commercial and strategic arm of the QFC, which provides Qatari and international businesses with access to investment in the state, and also includes a financial regulator, and independent courts.
In January, Publicis London was picked to brand a company, owned by the government of Qatar, which aims to promote international investment into the Gulf state.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End