Jimmy Savile newspaper ads urge victims to claim up to £60k
Advertisements in The Times and the Daily Mirror today are calling on victims of sexual abuse by Jimmy Savile to claim compensation from the late BBC TV presenter's estate.
Jimmy Savile: newspaper ads urge TV presenter's victims to claim compensation
The ads urge victims to claim up to £60,000 compensation from the estate by 3 June, although the claim scheme will stay open for a year. Claims will be then reviewed by lawyers.
The ads were ordered to be placed by the court investigating the abuse claims from more than 100 people, which have surfaced since Savile died in 2011.
They have been published after an agreement between NatWest, the executor of Savile’s estate, the lawyers for alleged victims, the NHS and the BBC.
The ads also appear in local papers on the Channel Islands, which Savile visited.
Savile hosted the BBC show 'Jim'll Fix It', and raised money for high-profile charities including BBC Children in Need.
Allegations of sexual abuse have been made since his death and the Metropolitan Police has recorded more than 200 separate offences he committed, some on BBC and NHS hospital properties.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London