3 great ads I had nothing to do with: Billy Faithfull and Ross Neil
Billy Faithfull and Ross Neil have chosen three ads that demonstrate how the best ads can be simple ideas rather than big production, in the latest in our series with Thinkbox.
Their first ad is ‘Jogger', an ad that formed part of Nike’s ‘Find your greatness’ campaign, and shows a young, overweight boy jogging, while a voiceover explains how greatness is in everyone, not just the famous athletes. "That kid’s more ‘Just do it’ than Rooney, Cantona and Michael Jordan combined. On a good day."
The pair’s second ad, Super Noodles’ ‘Face/Off’ "shouldn’t work but it does." The ad is a West Side Story-style fight between unhealthy food and vegetables, and as Faithfull puts it, is "50% dumb, 50% clever and when you put it together it’s just gold dust."
The final choice is ‘The 4th emergency service’ for AA, and ad that’s so "achingly simple it’s almost like a manifesto." "When an idea is really, really big you know it’s going to stretch its tentacles out beyond the TV and infect other places," concludes Neil. "Then I think you’ve hit on something really, really powerful."
See Billy and Ross's video here.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)