Center Parcs ad banned for encouraging parents to take kids out of school
A TV ad for Center Parcs has been banned for encouraging parents to take children out of school during term time.
Center Parcs: TV ad banned for encouraging parents to take family breaks in term time
The ad, created by The TV Department, showed families at a Center Parcs resort, which included children of school age, taking part in different activities.
The ad stated: "Selected four night midweek breaks from £279 for four people", with small print that stated: "Excludes school holidays".
Two people challenged whether the ad was irresponsible for encouraging children to be taken out of school during term time in order to go on holiday.
Center Parcs said it had one ad that was used as a generic template to overlay additional information such as pricing and offers, and that it was the responsibility of parents to exercise judgement regarding their children.
The Advertising Standards Authority upheld the complaint however, stating that the ad gave the impression the offer was limited to families only, and that the strapline: "Your family. Your time", was likely to be an encouragement for parents to take children out of school as the offer was only available during term time.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Regional Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Regional Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London