Media360 chair Pattison: 'Human side of our industry is really important'
As the media landscape shifts and morphs at increasing speed, Lindsay Pattison, chief executive of WPP's Maxus, says honest debate is more important than ever ahead of this year's Media360.
Maxus’ leader and chair of this year’s Media360 event, warns of "still siloed mentality" within media, marketing and advertising, which has contributed to playing catch-up with consumers.
Pattison said: "I am most looking forward to the whole industry getting together and having a really honest, lively, energetic debate. We see each other all the time, everyone in this room is very familiar with each other.
"With us all working together innovating, collaborating, and accelerating as an industry. It’s down to us all having a voice... asking lots of questions and having lots of debate around the fringes of the conference."
Media360 is the annual two-day gathering of leaders in the media and marketing industries. Joining Pattison on stage at this year's event are agency leaders: Daren Rubins, chief executive of PHD; Paul Frampton, chief executive of Havas Media, Matthew Hook, managing director of Carat; Catherine Becker, chief executive of AdConnection; and Marco Bertozzi, executive manaing director EMEA of VivaKi.
Pattison said: "It is a really good time to pause, and have a think and work out how we do things better together. We only innovate when we get different minds and creativity, intellect, capablity, technology, media thinking and brains all working together. That human side of our industry is really important."
For more details about Media360 on 8-9 May see Media Week's events page.
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)