Snack brand Bear releases first TV campaign
Bear, the healthy snack brand, has created its first TV campaign, which is aimed at four- to ten-year-olds and features a cartoon bear.
The 30-second ad will first air on 1 May and will run on the children’s channels Nickelodeon and the CSC Media Group-owned Tiny Pop and Kix. The spot promotes Bear’s fruit roll-up snacks, called Yo Yos.
The spot combines paper-cut illustrations and animation, and tells the story of a bear who lives in a cave and rolls Yo Yos from strawberries, apples and pears.
The snack brand spent £400,000 on the campaign, which also includes press ads in children’s magazines. The brand claims to have a £2.5 million marketing budget for 2014, the biggest in its five-year history.
The work was created by Vamonos, a creative agency founded by Andy Williams, who was previously the creative director for brands and partnerships at Nickelodeon UK.
Williams was the director and lead creative on the project. He worked with Jared Schorr on the illustration and design. Fred & Eric handled the animation.
Bear negotiated the TV airtime on Nickelodeon with Sky Media directly without the involvement of an agency.
Emma Hines, the head of marketing at Bear, said: "We were inspired by the children’s programmes we used to watch as kids and wanted to nod back to the nostalgic quality of these with our new ad.
"They always had a hand crafted simplicity and wholesomeness to them that we wanted to draw on to reflect the simplicity of the products we make."
Bear released its first ad campaign, which was created in house, in 2012. It comprised press ads for the different flavours of Yo Yos along with the strap line "nothing but naked nature".
In addition to working with Bear, Vamonos works with Sky, Nickelodeon and Heinz.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...