Kenco plans eight-hour improvised Twitter singathon
Kenco, the Mondelez coffee brand, will live-stream a day of spontaneous songs based on tweets, performed by comedy improvisation troupe The Noise Next Door, next Wednesday 7 May.
The campaign has been created by Proximity London, Kenco's social, web and CRM agency.
The Noise Next Door will be restyled as 'The Bright Tones' to promote the "bright flavours" in Kenco’s latest instant Millicano Sunlight Blend coffee, with the strapline "instantly brighten your day".
From 9.30am to 5.30pm, people will be encouraged to tweet a message to the group about how their day is going, using the hashtag #brightenmyday.
The five comedians will make up on-the-spot songs, live, based on the tweets and messages for the entire eight hours.
The performance will be live-streamed through the campaign's microsite, Brighttones.co.uk. People can also post a message on the microsite on for a chance to have their words turned into a spontaneous comedy song.
Several teaser videos based on tweets have already been posted on the website.
Proximity devised the campaign, including video production, digital activation and web design, and PHD, Golin Harris, JWT and ARC are also involved.
John Treacy, the executive creative director at Proximity London, said: "We've created a rich, fun, participative idea that uses an innovative mix of social media and real-time improv.
"It dramatises the coffee’s promise of instantly brightening your day in a funny, personalised way."
Emily Woodward-Smith, the brand manager at Kenco, said The Noise Next Door would, "brighten everyone’s day instantly, just like the bright new flavours of the coffee itself".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Insight Manager Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance, West Midlands