Martin Sorrell pay surges 70% to £30m
Sir Martin Sorrell, the chief executive of WPP, was paid a total of £29.8 million in 2013, up 70.1 per cent year on year.
Sir Martin Sorrell: chief executive of WPP
According to WPP’s annual report Sorrell received £1.15 million in base salary, down 11.5 per cent year on year, and £1.9 million in benefits, pension and contributions in lieu of dividends.
Sorrell received £4.1 million from short-term incentive plans in 2013, up 33.7 per cent year on year, and £22.7 million from long-term incentive plans in 2013, double the £11.4 million he received a year earlier.
A spokesman was unable to confirm whether Sorrell’s £29.8 million was a record paycheck for the adman, citing a "bumper year a very long time ago", but it could make him the best paid chief executive in the Ftse100 last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)