Martin Sorrell pay surges 70% to £30m
Sir Martin Sorrell, the chief executive of WPP, was paid a total of £29.8 million in 2013, up 70.1 per cent year on year.
Sir Martin Sorrell: chief executive of WPP
According to WPP’s annual report Sorrell received £1.15 million in base salary, down 11.5 per cent year on year, and £1.9 million in benefits, pension and contributions in lieu of dividends.
Sorrell received £4.1 million from short-term incentive plans in 2013, up 33.7 per cent year on year, and £22.7 million from long-term incentive plans in 2013, double the £11.4 million he received a year earlier.
A spokesman was unable to confirm whether Sorrell’s £29.8 million was a record paycheck for the adman, citing a "bumper year a very long time ago", but it could make him the best paid chief executive in the Ftse100 last year.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)