Microsoft hires IPG for creative and moves media to Aegis
Microsoft has hired Interpublic and Dentsu Aegis Network to handle its advertising and media accounts respectively, after a three-month review process.
Microsoft: microsoft privacy by Wunderman
Interpublic Group’s UM previously handled media planning and buying in Europe, while the business was with Publicis Groupe Starcom MediaVest Group in Microsoft's largest market, the US.
Media planning will now be handled by a cross-discipline team from Dentsu Aegis agencies, lead by its agency Carat.
Although IPG has lost the media business, its creative agencies have won the advertising business. Creative work and deployment will be handled by various agency teams throughout its global network, led by McCann Worldgroup.
The creative advertising account was held by various agencies, including MDC’s Crispin Porter & Bogusky, which was one of Microsoft’s lead creative agencies globally.
Chris Capossela, the executive vice president and chief marketing officer at Microsoft, said: "We are thrilled to work with the teams at IPG and Dentsu Aegis. We believe both groups will help us communicate more strategically and efficiently in a rapidly evolving marketplace."
In statement confirming the appointments the company said: "Microsoft periodically evaluates its agency mix as a best practice to ensure it retains the services that best fit the needs of its evolving business."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Digital Executive Innesco £20k-26k, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)