R/GA London expands into Turkey with new-business director
R/GA London is expanding into Turkey and has hired a new-business director from one of its largest clients, Turkcell.
Bahadir Varol: joins RGA London as director of new business and growth for Turkey
Bahadir Varol joined R/GA London at the end of April as the director of new business and growth for Turkey. He joins from Turkcell – which first engaged R/GA London on a digital brief in 2013 – where he had worked for nearly two years on digital projects within procurement.
Varol will be R/GA London’s first employee in Turkey, and will be based in an Interpublic Group-owned office in Istanbul. His hire is part of the agency’s plan to expand into Turkey, the Middle East and Africa.
He will report to Matt Gee, director of development and growth at R/GA London.
Matt Lodder, R/GA London’s vice-president, said about Varol: "His appointment is a statement of intent for our growth in a region that we feel shares a strong synergy to R/GA’s innovative DNA.
"We have an excellent working relationship with Turkcell and this appointment will also further cement that particular partnership, while helping us identify other exciting growth opportunities in the region."
Varol added: "It’s great that the executive team here had the strategic vision to recognise the innovation and growth potential of a region that is obviously very close to my heart."
In April, R/GA London’s former managing director, Jim Moffatt, returned to the agency after a year-long sabbatical, to become the executive vice-president of Asia Pacific.
He is leading R/GA’s existing offices in Singapore and Sydney and looking at opening new offices in the region. He reports to the founder and chief executive, Bob Greenberg.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- PR Account Manager- Wine and Spirits Blue Skies Marketing Recruitment £30000 - £35000 per annum, London