John Lewis partners LG to launch range of own-brand smart TVs
John Lewis is seeking to take advantage of the trusted reputation it holds when it comes to consumer electronics with the launch of its first range of own-brand smart TVs.
John Lewis: unveils its range of own-brand smart TVs
The retailer has partnered with LG Electronics for the initiative and the development coincides with news that Tesco is launching an own-brand smartphone capable of competing with the premium Samsung Galaxy S5.
John Lewis has launched own-brand televisions in the past, but this is the first time it has entered the high-end Smart TV market.
The John Lewis Smart TVs will start at £1,399 and will range up to £2,199 depending on the screen size.
John Lewis buyer John Kempner said: "There is a continuing trend in customer demand for larger screen sizes, with sales of 49-inch and larger accounting for over 25% of John Lewis TV sales.
"We wanted to create our own range of premium large-screen TVs that would have a distinctive look and also offer the benefits of the very latest in on-demand smart-TV technology, while being easy to use.
"LG has helped us achieve this with a sleek and clever design that also includes a built-in soundbar to deliver an immersive sound and visual experience."
The range of models includes a "helpful character" called BeanBird, who guides users through the set up.
A "launcher" menu pins apps, connected devices and recently accessed programmes or services in one "convenient" place to enable viewers to switch between functions with one click.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Partnership Manager Movember Competitive, Clerkenwell, London (Greater)
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London