Asics kicks off pitch for global media account
Asics, the Japanese sportswear brand, has called a global review of its media planning and buying account, held by Manning Gottlieb OMD in the UK and its parent group, OMD, across EMEA.
Asics: to consolidate media
The company appointed OMD to its European media business in 2008 and works with other agencies elsewhere. It is thought that it plans to consolidate all planning and buying into a single agency. OMD is taking part in the review.
In 2008, Asics’ European media spend was estimated at £15 million.
Asics, which is particularly known for its running shoes, positions itself as a "true sport performance brand" and works with 180 Amsterdam on global advertising, including the ongoing "better your best" campaign.
This campaign included last year’s film "chase", which appeared online and on TV, and was accompanied by a Facebook app with tailored training strategies. The ad showed a woman running through an urban housing estate chasing another woman, who is revealed at the end of the film to be the "best" version of herself.
Asics was unable to comment on the review as Campaign went to press.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)