AMV BBDO and PHD in 'smart meter' scoop
Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO has picked up the brief to create the £85 million five-year campaign to promote smart energy meters in the UK.
The Smart Meter Central Delivery Body is preparing to appoint Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO to produce the creative work, and its pitching partner, PHD, to handle media planning and buying once the final negotiations between the parties are complete.
In the final pitches last week, AMV BBDO and PHD beat Karmarama and Goodstuff Communications; Now and MEC; and VCCP and VCCP Media. The pitch began in February and was led by AAR.
The campaign has a planned marketing spend of £15-20 million annually. AMV BBDO will create a brand identity for the SMCDB.
Gavin Sheppard, the director of marketing for the body, said: "Following an incredibly strong process and outstanding final pitches, we are continuing discussions with one agency before making a final decision."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)