Coke employs drones to bring happiness to Singapore's foreign builders
The migrant workers of Singapore, far from friends and family and feeling alienated by the domestic community, are cheered by crates of Coke and supportive messages dropped at construction sites by radio-controlled #CokeDrones, in a stunt by Coca-Cola.
Coca-Cola: one of the #CokeDrones approaches a Singapore construction site
"Singapore is a first world country that’s built by a large migrant workforce" the opening on-screen copy tells viewers of a YouTube video detailing the stunt. This text is followed by a montage of miserable looking workers accompanied by ominous minor piano chords. "Far away from home and isolated from the local community," the copy continues.
But the workers' spirits are lifted when Coca-Cola, in conjunction with non-profit organisation Singapore Kindness Movement, uses drones to deliver them cans of Coke and messages of support from Singaporeans.
Client: Coca-Cola Singapore
Agency: Ogilvy & Mather Singapore
Creatives: Eugene Cheong, Melvyn Lim, Daphne Tann, Raziff Lau, Martin Loh, Augustus Sung
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England
- Digital Marketing Specialist Colyer London £25000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Digital Display Executive (fashion e-commerce) Farfetch Competitive + bonus + benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)