Coke employs drones to bring happiness to Singapore's foreign builders
The migrant workers of Singapore, far from friends and family and feeling alienated by the domestic community, are cheered by crates of Coke and supportive messages dropped at construction sites by radio-controlled #CokeDrones, in a stunt by Coca-Cola.
Coca-Cola: one of the #CokeDrones approaches a Singapore construction site
"Singapore is a first world country that’s built by a large migrant workforce" the opening on-screen copy tells viewers of a YouTube video detailing the stunt. This text is followed by a montage of miserable looking workers accompanied by ominous minor piano chords. "Far away from home and isolated from the local community," the copy continues.
But the workers' spirits are lifted when Coca-Cola, in conjunction with non-profit organisation Singapore Kindness Movement, uses drones to deliver them cans of Coke and messages of support from Singaporeans.
Client: Coca-Cola Singapore
Agency: Ogilvy & Mather Singapore
Creatives: Eugene Cheong, Melvyn Lim, Daphne Tann, Raziff Lau, Martin Loh, Augustus Sung
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)