Chelsea claim the social video Premier League title
The Premier League title may look to be heading to Manchester City, but it is Chelsea who have won the social video crown, according to sharing data from Unruly.
Musician Drake and former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba
A video from Chelsea FC's YouTube channel, featuring musician Drake and former Chelsea striker Didier Drogba, was the most-shared from any of this year's Premier League teams.
The video has been shared 52,602 times across the social web and has been viewed 658,710 times on YouTube.
Perhaps somewhat surprisingly, beating the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United to second and third place is Crystal Palace.
The video below is the most-shared from the team, with 48,209 shares.
The clip from 2012 is of the team's cheerleaders lip-sycing to Carlie Rae-Jepsen's 'Call me Maybe'. It has been shared more than 48,000 times since it hit the web.
The second video in Palace's repertoire, a parody of the PSY hit 'Gangnam Style', has been shared more than 43,000 times.
Combined, the two videos from Palace have been viewed 4.3m times on YouTube.
Other highlights in the table include Liverpool's Louis Suarez interviewed by a young fan (above) and a Halloween prank from Tottenham Hotspur (below).
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Digital Marketing Manager Ball & Hoolahan £52,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Campaign Marketing Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Business Development Manager EMAP Competitive + Bonus, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater)
- Digital Acquisition Manager - Leading Online Biz GoodEgg Digital £70k + Bonus and Benefits, United Kingdom / England / North West England / Lancashire / Manchester, Greater Manchester
- Search Marketing Manager - International Markets Search Laboratory £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits , Yorkshire and the Humber / North Yorkshire / West Yorkshire / Harrogate, North Yorkshire / Leeds,...
- Marketing Communications Senior Manager Lloyd's of London Competitive salary and benefits package , London (City of), London (Greater)