Media360: Jan Gooding of Aviva on the power of TV
Jan Gooding, the group brand director at Aviva, explained why it is still worth investing in TV advertising, in a video from Media360.
Jan Gooding: Aviva's group brand director speaking at Media360
In reference to a talk at the conference by Nick Jenkins, the founder of Moonpig.com, about championing entrepreneurship and business leadership, Gooding talked about the importance of TV to make an impact and achieve scale.
Gooding said: "I get asked a lot about why we are still investing so much in TV when we're talking so much about everything being online and through social media.
"I think [for him] to make the point that in order to get impact and scale quickly there was nothing else but television that was going to achieve that when his company [Moonpig.com] was growing – that really impressed me."
Video produced by Georgina Brazier and Joel Fothergill
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Optimisation Manager / Ad & Campaign Operations Manager UCAS Up to £50,000 plus 30-days annual leave, bonus, flexible benefits & pension, London (Central), London (Greater) / Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- MARKETING MANAGER - Fashion Success Digital negotiable, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing - SyFy NBC Universal Competitive, London (Greater) / London (Central), London (Greater)
- Account Manager or Senior Account Manager - Brand Engagement Stonor £28,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience , Berkshire / Buckinghamshire / Oxford, Oxfordshire