EasyJet beats H1 expectations as 'Generation' campaign drives conversation
EasyJet has beaten expectations to post narrower-than-expected results for the first six months of the year, hailing the impact of its 'Generation easyJet' marketing campaign.
EasyJet: marketing campaign is credited with driving customer engagement
The business has revealed pre-tax losses of £53m for the six months to 31 March, a 13% improvement on its 2013 performance over the same period, citing a tighter control on costs.
EasyJet traditionally posts a loss during the quiet winter period, with the second half of its year driving annual profit.
The brand said it had enjoyed success "driving conversion" with its 'Generation easyJet’ campaign and was reaping the benefits of improvements to easyJet.com and its wider digital offering.
EasyJet chief executive Carolyn McCall said the results demonstrated the brand’s progress against its "strategic priorities".
She said: "By continuing to deliver our strategy of offering customers lower fares to great destinations with friendly service, while focusing upon costs, we can continue to deliver sustainable growth and returns for our shareholders.
"There continue to be a number of attractive opportunities for easyJet to grow profitably in Europe and we look forward to making further progress in the second half of the year."
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Marketing Manager - Entertainments Ball & Hoolahan £55,000 + Car/Car Allowance , South East England
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...