Betfair sets up betting stall outside parliament to offer Government odds on England
A betting stall has been set up outside the Houses of Parliament offering, odds on England winning the World Cup, as Betfair sought to consolidate its position as unofficial bookie to the British Government.
Betfair: sets uo its stall outside parliament
The stunt referenced Whitehall mandarins compiling a report based on Betfair odds predicting there was a "high probability" that England will not get through the group stages, a development that became one of the most-read stories on the BBC website.
Client: Barry Orr, PR manager at Betfair UK & Ireland
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing & Communications Executive AF Selection Up to £25,000, Derbyshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)