Betfair sets up betting stall outside parliament to offer Government odds on England
A betting stall has been set up outside the Houses of Parliament offering, odds on England winning the World Cup, as Betfair sought to consolidate its position as unofficial bookie to the British Government.
Betfair: sets uo its stall outside parliament
The stunt referenced Whitehall mandarins compiling a report based on Betfair odds predicting there was a "high probability" that England will not get through the group stages, a development that became one of the most-read stories on the BBC website.
Client: Barry Orr, PR manager at Betfair UK & Ireland
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire