Betfair sets up betting stall outside parliament to offer Government odds on England
A betting stall has been set up outside the Houses of Parliament offering, odds on England winning the World Cup, as Betfair sought to consolidate its position as unofficial bookie to the British Government.
Betfair: sets uo its stall outside parliament
The stunt referenced Whitehall mandarins compiling a report based on Betfair odds predicting there was a "high probability" that England will not get through the group stages, a development that became one of the most-read stories on the BBC website.
Client: Barry Orr, PR manager at Betfair UK & Ireland
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £38,000 + Car/Car Allowance, London (Greater), South East England