Betfair sets up betting stall outside parliament to offer Government odds on England
A betting stall has been set up outside the Houses of Parliament offering, odds on England winning the World Cup, as Betfair sought to consolidate its position as unofficial bookie to the British Government.
Betfair: sets uo its stall outside parliament
The stunt referenced Whitehall mandarins compiling a report based on Betfair odds predicting there was a "high probability" that England will not get through the group stages, a development that became one of the most-read stories on the BBC website.
Client: Barry Orr, PR manager at Betfair UK & Ireland
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End
- Social Media Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000, London (Central), London (Greater)