Glasgow 2014 blames TalkTalk for phoneline error as ticketing woes escalate
The organisers of the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow has blamed TalkTalk Business for an error that meant people who received an engaged tone on ticketing phonelines were charged for the call.
Glasgow 2014: technical problems forced the closure of the ticketing website
Glasgow 2014 organisers have apologised "unreservedly" for the mistake and are working with Ticketmaster, which uses TalkTalk as a supplier, to refund customers "as soon as possible".
A spokesperson for TalkTalk has attributed the mistake to a "human programming error" and admitted it did not deliver the service it had agreed with ticketing provider Ticketmaster during the general ticket sales.
The long waits to get through to the ticketing hotline have meant some callers have been charged more than £100 for their calls, according to a report in the Scotsman.
The mistake is the latest in a litany of errors plaguing the sales of Glasgow 2014 tickets, which the organiser has admitted could take days to resolve.
Online sales for 100,000 tickets released on Monday were eventually halted at 6pm on Tuesday, after long delays and problems completing transactions.
Public frustration with the ticketing process has led to an outpouring of anger on social media sites, as people complain about the problems they have encountered.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Digital Media Manager Save the Children £37,000 + Benefits, London (Greater)
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)