Panasonic appoints Simon Parkinson as marketing director
Panasonic has appointed Simon Parkinson as its new marketing director for the UK and Ireland to replace incumbent Keisuke Nishida, who has returned to Japan.
Simon Parkinson: Panasonic's marketing director
Parkinson has worked at Panasonic since May 2011 as head of service for North West Europe, having previously spent 10 years with Comet as general manager for home shopping and customer care.
He will head up a team that includes: Mark Robinson, head of marketing for audio, visual and imaging products; Zeena Hill, head of marketing for home appliances and communications products; and Gaele Lalahy, head of brand communications.
He left Comet prior to its collapse into administration, which eventually saw it close its final 35 stores and website in December 2012 after 79 years of trading.
Nishida is staying at Panasonic and will continue to work on consumer marketing in Japan after his stint in the UK, as part of the Japanese tradition of moving senior management around the business to build up executives’ experience.
Parkinson’s previous roles include a position as head of retail for Time computers and roles at Game and ToysRUs.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Marketing Manager Fidelity Worldwide Investment Dependent on Experience, Surrey
- Marketing Manager Ibiza Rocks Salary: £30K-34K DOE, Based in London head office
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £40,000 + Car/ Car Allowance, South East England
- Senior Designer Gabriele Skelton Ã‚£40000 per annum, City of London
- Creative Director, PR Agency, London Office + Great Benefits Fleishman-Hillard Up to £100,000, dep on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)