Heathrow to rebrand world's busiest terminal as 'Terminal Samsung Galaxy S5'
Samsung will rebrand Heathrow's Terminal 5 for two weeks as 'Terminal Samsung Galaxy S5' to mark the launch of the company's flagship phone.
Heathrow Terminal 5: rebrands as 'Terminal Samsung Galaxy S5'
Samsung will take over the signage, wayfinding, website and all 172 digital screens at the terminal. JCDecaux Airport believes this is the first time an advertiser has rebranded a terminal for a major product launch.
It will also mark the first time Heathrow has allowed a brand takeover in Terminal 5, the "world's busiest terminal".
Russell Taylor, vice president of corporate marketing at Samsung Electronics UK & Ireland, said: "We are always looking for ways to maximise brand impact and this activity is testament to that.
"The partnership with Heathrow Airport and JCDecaux Airport was a one-off opportunity to push the boundaries like no other brand has been allowed to do before."
Signage in the airport lounges will direct passengers to the Dixons Travel stores where they can try out the Galaxy S5 phone.
The ‘Terminal Samsung Galaxy S5’ message will appear on all the digital panels in the main terminal, gate rooms and baggage reclaim area.
The activity was conceived by Cheil UK, the ad agency owned by Samsung.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England