David Abbott dies aged 75
David Abbott, a co-founder of Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and one of the industry's most respected and prominent copywriters, has died suddenly aged 75.
David Abbott: has died aged 75
Abbott founded AMV BBDO alongside Adrian Vickers and Peter Mead in 1977, having first met Vickers at Oxford University in 1959.
The agency went public in 1985 and became part of the BBDO network in 1991. It has been the biggest UK ad agency since 1997.
Abbott left his position as chairman and founding partner of AMV BBDO in October 1998, just before his 60th birthday. He had passed on creative control of the agency to Peter Souter a year earlier.
He died on Saturday (17 May).
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London