David Abbott dies aged 75
David Abbott, a co-founder of Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO and one of the industry's most respected and prominent copywriters, has died suddenly aged 75.
David Abbott: has died aged 75
Abbott founded AMV BBDO alongside Adrian Vickers and Peter Mead in 1977, having first met Vickers at Oxford University in 1959.
The agency went public in 1985 and became part of the BBDO network in 1991. It has been the biggest UK ad agency since 1997.
Abbott left his position as chairman and founding partner of AMV BBDO in October 1998, just before his 60th birthday. He had passed on creative control of the agency to Peter Souter a year earlier.
He died on Saturday (17 May).
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital & Social - Dublin / London The Great & The Good In the region of £60,000 - £65,000 per annum, Dublin
- Commercial Manager Business Centric Services Group Up to £45,000 per annum + benefits, Old Street
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)