Infographic: German prestige cars rev up on social media
The German troika, BMW, Mercedes and Audi, are not only the biggest prestige car brands in the digital space but are also growing the fastest in terms of new fans, followers and subscribers.
Jaguar: the autos brand has a smaller following but fastest growth
BMW has an active digital community of more than 274m who talk about the brand on Facebook, who follow it on Twitter and view brand videos on YouTube, and who reach it through its website. Mercedes has a digital community of more than 235m; and Audi has a reach of almost 190m.
Fans relaying prestige car brand updates publicly claim a small stake of that brand as theirs. And the same fans posting selfies wearing luxury brands while on exclusive holidays still look up to cars as the ultimate status enhancer.
The thinking goes that if I ‘like’ and talk about activities of a prestige automotive brands, does it not make me one of its informed ambassadors. This gives brands the opportunity to digitally harness the passion of their fans who aspire to owning them and also help shape global brand preference one click at a time.
But while BMW, Mercedes and Audi are not only the biggest on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube but also the fastest growing on these platforms, Jaguar with a much smaller digital footprint has the highest growth rate.
Buoyed by the success of its first ever Super Bowl cinematic ad this year -around the idea of British villains featuring Ben Kingsley, Tom Hiddleston and Mark Strong –
Jaguar enjoys the accolade of having the top video. The film has clocked up more than 18m views on YouTube and also enjoys a high engagement rate on Facebook, rising to 60% over a six-month period. According to the eBench data, Jaguar is growing at the rate of 48% on social platforms.
This report covers 13 prestige automotive brands over a period of Q3 2013 to April 2014. Strategic digital consultancy eBench, is a new start-up by former Unilever director Derek Hill and former P&G and McKinsey strategist Matthew Burns.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Senior Brand Manager Diageo Great reward package for great talent, Amsterdam / Dublin / Madrid / London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)