Hearst promotes Michael Rowley to MD of brands
Hearst Magazines UK, the publisher of Cosmopolitan, Elle and Esquire, has promoted Michael Rowley, the group publishing director for its weekly and lifestyle publications, to the new role of managing director, brands.
Michael Rowley: becomes managing director of brands at Hearst Magazines UK
Rowley will now oversee all Hearst's group publishing directors, the editorial development director and the new business team. He will report to Anna Jones, Hearst's chief executive.
He will continue to be responsible for the publisher's lifestyle group, including Country Living, House Beautiful, Prima and All About You. Hearst's health website Netdoctor has also moved into the lifestyle group.
Rowley’s role overseeing the weekly titles has been taken over by Greg Witham, the group trading and partnerships director, who has been promoted to group publishing director of the newly-formed "entertainment" group.
The entertainment division includes Hearst's weekly magazines Best, Reveal, Real People, All About Soap and Inside Soap, in addition to the websites Digital Spy, Sugarscape and Handbag.com, which were previously under the Hearst Digital Pureplay banner.
Lee Wilkinson, a product director, has also been promoted to the new role of strategy and product director.
He will report to Jones, and will have responsibility for strategy, product development and implementation across the business. His team will include the product development, research and insight, and user experience design teams.
Jones, who was confirmed as Hearst Magazines’ permanent chief executive in April, said: "Strong leadership within our organisation ensures we maintain momentum as we continue to expand the reach, influence and innovation around our brands.
"Michael, Greg and Lee all possess a vital mix of deep brand knowledge alongside a passion for pushing the boundaries.
"They are the ideal candidates for these important roles as we continue to focus on developing our core business, strengthening our digital proposition and above all, creating exceptional, entertaining and trusted content for all our audiences."
This article was first published on mediaweek.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Commercial Market Analyst UCAS c.£35,000 , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Product Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (City of), London (Greater)
- Marketing Brand Manager Clipper Ventures Circa £40k - dependent on experience, South East England / South West England / Gosport, Hampshire
- Customer Insight Manager Tottenham Hotspur Between £40,000-£45,000 per annum + benefits (dependant on experience), London (North), London (Greater)
- Creative Production Controller (Maternity Cover) Asthma UK £34,361 - £36,169, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Sponsorship Manager Ball & Hoolahan £50,000 per annum, London (Central), London (Greater)