Adland salutes the genius of David Abbott
British advertising has been leading the world in tributes to the legendary David Abbott after the co-founder of Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO passed away at the weekend.
David Abbott: co-founder of Abbott Mead Vickers
Peter Mead, who co-founded AMV with Abbott and Adrian Vickers in 1978, said: "He meant more to me than I can possibly express in words.
"I never saw him write a bad line of copy, could count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I saw him lose his temper and remember countless times when the three of us were helpless with laughter."
Peter Souter, the chairman of TBWA UK who took over AMV’s creative helm from Abbott in 1998, said Abbott had "made creative direction a job for heroes".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Marketing Operations - Fixed Term Contract 12 months NEST Corporation Competitve, London
- Senior Account Manager / First Time Account Director Content is King £35k - £45k per annum dependent on experience, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Acquisition & Retention NEST Corporation Competitive, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Group Account Director - Experiential Agency The Great & The Good £65000 - £70000 per annum, London
- Category Manager - Herbs, Spices & Ready Mixes McCormick Ltd £ Competitive + Benefits , Haddenham, Aylesbury
- Account Director The Great & The Good £45000 - £50000 per annum, West End