Adland salutes the genius of David Abbott
British advertising has been leading the world in tributes to the legendary David Abbott after the co-founder of Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO passed away at the weekend.
David Abbott: co-founder of Abbott Mead Vickers
Peter Mead, who co-founded AMV with Abbott and Adrian Vickers in 1978, said: "He meant more to me than I can possibly express in words.
"I never saw him write a bad line of copy, could count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I saw him lose his temper and remember countless times when the three of us were helpless with laughter."
Peter Souter, the chairman of TBWA UK who took over AMV’s creative helm from Abbott in 1998, said Abbott had "made creative direction a job for heroes".
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Engagement Planning (UK) BespokeHR £80,000 - £85,000, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Head of Marketing and Communications Alexandra Palace Trading £40,000 + bonus + benefits, London (Greater)
- Senior Account Manager Ice (London) Ltd Competitive Salary dependent on experience, Windsor, Berkshire
- Interim Head of Brand The Rank Group To attract the right person!, Maidenhead, Berkshire
- ACCOUNT DIRECTOR - BTL/SP/Retail - London/Greater London - Salary depending on experience Judi Patton depending on experience, Hertfordshire / London (Greater) / London (North), London (Greater) / London (South), London (Gre...
- Planning Director - New Planning Function in Top Agency ADLIB up to c.£60k DOE, Bristol