Govt considers legislation on payment terms
The Government is considering including legislation on payment terms in the Queen's Speech early next month.
P&G: new payment terms
At a meeting at the Department for Business, Innovation & Skills this week, representatives from agencies and start-ups, as well as companies such as John Lewis and O2, discussed the length of time big organisations take to pay suppliers.
Scott Knox, the managing director of the Marketing Agencies Association, said that Daniel Korski, a special advisor to the Prime Minister, suggested the issue would be addressed in the Queen’s Speech, which will set out the legislative programme for the next session of Parliament.
Government sources confirmed fairer payment legislation is being discussed, but said that no final decision had been made.
International conglomerates such as Procter & Gamble, GlaxoSmithKline and Mondelez International have changed their payment terms in the past 18 months.
BIS declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London