Channel 4 to stream live Sam Smith gig in commercial deal
Channel 4 is to broadcast a live performance from the singer songwriter Sam Smith on Friday night, as part of a deal with Google Play, MediaCom, The Outfit and Universal Music.
Sam Smith: live performance to be broadcast by Channel 4
As part of the deal Channel 4 will broadcast Smith performing his single ‘Stay With Me’ live from Roundhouse in Chalk Farm, London, taking over the 10.45pm ad break during ‘Alan Carr: Chatty Man’.
The ad break, which will be created by The Outfit, will feature Google Play branding to promote the fact the gig will be available to stream and download on Google Play. The gig will also be advertising using the Google rich Lightbox format.
Dino Ioannou, the global head of Universal Music at MediaCom, said: "We knew that for a mainstream artist that had earned credibility with a tastemaker crowd, we had to showcase Sam Smith as an outstanding live performer in a mass reaching channel.
"We are thrilled to be part of this exciting partnership that both innovates in broadcast and drives consumption through digital channels."
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £36,000 - £44,000* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Campaign Planner - Internal Marketing Agency National Trust £27,916 - £32,500* per annum, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire
- Senior Marketing Director - 9-12 month FTC Comedy Central £competitive, Camden, London (Greater)
- Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £Excellent Salary Package , South East England / London (Greater)
- Innovation Senior Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £48,000 + Car/Car Allowance, South East England