Facebook asks EC to review £19bn WhatsApp deal
Facebook has asked the European Commission (EC) to review its $19 billion purchase of WhatsApp.
Facebook has asked EC to look at WhatsApp deal
It is understood that Facebook has asked the EC, the European antitrust authority, to look at the deal, which would prevent Facebook from having to work through antitrust processes in different European countries.
The Federal Trade Commission in the US approved the deal in April.
A spokeswoman for the EC had not returned request for comment by the time of publication. A spokesman for Facebook declined to comment.
This article was first published on campaignlive.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Digital Creative Manager UCAS £comp + 25-days leave, flexible benefits and other fringe benefits, including Xmas closure , Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
- Senior Fundraising Development Officer Comic Relief From £35,000pa, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Operations Manager Tottenham Hotspur Football Club Up to £55,000 + Bonus, North London
- Consumer Activation Controller Mast-Jaegermeister UK Limited Salary depending on experience. Additional bonus, pension, BUPA, life assurance, 25 days' holiday., Camberley, Surrey
- PR Manager AF Selection £25,000 - £35,000 + Benefits, Manchester, Greater Manchester
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £45k Judi Patton £40k-£45k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)