Infographic: Nike and Samsung lead World Cup of video shares
Football content from brands not affiliated with the World Cup have driven more than half of online video shares as the tournament approaches.
Nike: leads the World Cup sharing chart
The data, colated by Unruly, reveals Nike, Samsung and Castrol led the competition with a combined 3.2 million shares.
Coca-Cola, the first affiliated brand to appear in the listing, accounted for 2.5 times fewer shares than Castrol, that sits in third place.
Heading into the competition, Nike is the undisputed champion with almost 1.3 million shares.
The lion's share of Nike's social success comes from the video below, starring Christiano Ronaldo, Neymar Jr. and Wayne Rooney.
Fifa, organiser of the World Cup, is in tenth place having managed to drive only 47,245 shares.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Data Journalist PRISM Highly Competitive, London
- Head of New Media Department for Work and Pensions Salary £60,030 to £72,880., Westminster
- Brand Manager Ball & Hoolahan £45,000 per annum, London (Greater)
- Shopper Insights Manager PepsiCo negotiable, Theale
- CMI Director Ball & Hoolahan £95,000 + Car/Car Allowance , London (Central), London (Greater)
- Assistant Marketing Strategy Manager Thorntons £Competitive + Benefits, Alfreton, Derbyshire