Infographic: Nike and Samsung lead World Cup of video shares
Football content from brands not affiliated with the World Cup have driven more than half of online video shares as the tournament approaches.
Nike: leads the World Cup sharing chart
The data, colated by Unruly, reveals Nike, Samsung and Castrol led the competition with a combined 3.2 million shares.
Coca-Cola, the first affiliated brand to appear in the listing, accounted for 2.5 times fewer shares than Castrol, that sits in third place.
Heading into the competition, Nike is the undisputed champion with almost 1.3 million shares.
The lion's share of Nike's social success comes from the video below, starring Christiano Ronaldo, Neymar Jr. and Wayne Rooney.
Fifa, organiser of the World Cup, is in tenth place having managed to drive only 47,245 shares.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- SENIOR ADVERTISING MANAGER (MATERNITY COVER) notonthehighstreet.com Competitive , Richmond
- Corporate Senior Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £25000 - £29000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- Corporate Executive - Volunteer Fundraising (Home Based) Cancer Research UK £20000 - £24000 per annum + Car + Excellent benefits, Nationwide
- ACCOUNT DIRECTORS - Integrated/ATL/TTL/BTL/SP/Shopper/Retail - London - up to £50k Judi Patton £40k-£50k plus excellent benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + excellent benefits, London