Pernod Ricard whisky brands tap into personalisation trend for Father’s Day
Pernod Ricard is tapping into consumers' appetite for personalised products in the run-up to Father's Day by giving them the chance to create bespoke whisky labels, in a move that signals the drinks company's first major step into personalisation.
Pernod Ricard: launches microsite to enable consumers to personalise whisky bottle
A dedicated microsite, created by Cubo, allows users to create personalised bottle labels which are then posted to them for free to attach to their bottles.
Chivas Regal 12-year-old, The Glenlivet 12-year-old and Aberlour 10-year-old are the brands involved in the initiative which will be promoted through on-pack via a campaign called ‘Here’s to Fathers’.
After Christmas, Father’s Day is the biggest sales period for whisky and is increasing in popularity in relation to spirits. Over Father’s Day last year the spirits category recorded 6.5% volume growth on the previous year.
Dan Reuby, customer marketing director, Pernod Ricard UK, said: "We see this very much as a first step into that personalisation area. We think it will be something that consumers will find quite compelling."
Reuby explained that the site will run until August so that Pernod can gain deeper insight into how consumers are using the platform and the results would be disseminated among other markets.
If successful, the initiative could be next used for darks spirits, Reuby added.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Head of Digital Operations Macmillan Cancer Support £50,000 - £55,000 +Benefits, London (Central), London (Greater)
- Content Marketing and SEO Manager Lynda Up to £40,000, Central London
- Digital Delivery Manager Cancer Research UK £35000 per annum + + excellent benefits, London
- BTL AGENCY ACCOUNT HANDLERS - integrated, shopper, sales promotion, retail, digital Judi Patton £22K-£55K, London (Central), London (Greater) / London (East), London (Greater) / London (North), London (Gr...
- Senior Account Manager The Great & The Good £35000 - £40000 per annum + great benefits , London
- Client Partner The Great & The Good £80000 - £90000 per annum + significant benefits, London